Welcome to my blog !

Another Affordable French Place - La Petite Cuisine

By 11/03/2013 , , , ,


Nestled in a corner of Serene Centre, La Petite Cuisine entices you with the smells of its grills and kitchen.  To make things more enticing, all the patrons are all tucked in happily and all the tables are full.

Siew Mai and I decided to try this place and I ordered the Pork Cutlet with pasta (S$15).  I topped up S$3.50 for a bowl of Onion Soup.  I love how the prices are as-in.  Meaning that there's no GST or Service Charge.  All diners get a bread roll too!  The prices are really quite affordable.  Siew Mai's sirloin steak was only S$16.50 and it comes with potato gratin and a side salad.

Anyway, back to the food.  The Onion Soup was ok.  It's not lousy but it's not mind-blowingly delicious.  Then came the main course.  My pork cutlet was amazingly tender and yummy.  The sauce was buttery, garlicky but yet slightly acidic from the tomatoes.  If I were feeling barbaric, I would've chewed the bone too.  Simple but yet so delightful.  This is delicioux to the max!

We're thinking of what to eat the next time we go there.  I'm tempted to try their Ravioli of Foie Gras and Prawns in light lemon creme (S$15) but it's an entree (starter)...then there's the Veal Tenderloin that's calling out to me (S$29).  What's a French place without Duck Confit?  Their's is going at S$17.  Must try...then compare it with Saveur's. 

I love how La Petite Cuisine is French but yet feels Italian in terms of homeliness.  The French chef/owner makes his rounds throughout the evening, walking from table to table going, "Bonsoir! 'Ca va? Everything's ok?"  What makes him even more lovable is that he's wearing bermuda shorts everytime I see him!

I can't wait to bring my family and other friends to La Petite but what I really can't wait is for them to finish the renovation/decoration at the larger unit which they're going to occupy soon.  This would mean larger tables and more excuses to try out the whole menu!  Saveur...you have strong competition in the affordable French space.

La Petite Cuisine
Serene Centre, #01-05
10 Jalan Serene

Apparently, they have another branch at 227 Upper Thomson Road so good news for those who are living right smack in the middle of Singapore!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com